Back to search results
Job no: 499544
Work type: Permanent Full Time
We are currently recruiting for a Policy Manager to join the team in our Shanghai office on a permanent basis.
The role of Policy Manager, China is to support the delivery of ACCA’s market strategy and ambition to maximise the global impact of ACCA IP and deliver value through thought leadership agendas with a digital focus throughout China.
This is a key role requiring the ability to manage and implement the development of effective ACCA Professional Insights (PI) programmes and research in relation to finance, accounting and business. Through ACCA’s global networks, the role is also expected to establish effective partnership with global and regional policy team within the organisation, ACCA members, influencers and sector experts – all adding up to a business and society community which contributes to ACCA’s thought leadership agenda and strengthens the organisation’s reputation and influence in the global and national profession.
The role will also require the ability to work with ACCA’s offices in mainland China and Hong Kong as one team to add value to ACCA’s brand and market recognition and provide the relevant support for member and future members in China.
- Support the Global PI team in the delivery of global PI programme and brand campaigns by conducting local researches and initiatives which draw on regional and local expertise in appropriate areas
- Produce localised PI and thought leadership materials (consistent with global position) to leverage and amplify our global brand power with a focus on the digital communication
- Develop a thought leadership social media promotion plan which aligns with our marketing and PR plan and produce the PI content (including articles, short-form video and other digital contents) independently or with other functional teams and external agencies
- Support and provide policy feedback and conduct government led research projects in the region as an ACCA PI subject matter expert on important issues and topics, to reinforce ACCA as the go-to body for policy makers and regulators, drive wider recognition at central and regional levels
- Support and develop regional and local PI research projects through partnership with organisations and employers by engaging with ACCA member advocates, and experts who can contribute insights to an ACCA community promoting the profession and public good
- Provide relevant PI insights and materials and support national offices to hold events and forums in the region to ensure their plans maximise ACCA’s opportunity in enhancing the reputation and influence and promoting the public good.
The job holder is expected to:
- Under the guidance of Regional Head of Policy, China, in collaboration with global PI teams and national offices, devise plans for major thought leadership, PI and research papers, ensuring timely, independent and professional delivery, and basing plans on global priorities
- Promote the global PI and thought leadership agendas and ensure that ACCA conforms to agreed policy positions, liaising with offices and ensuring policy positions are understood
- Develop PI and research papers, articles and speeches, in collaboration with the central brand team, to suit regional and local needs, especially to obtain the inclusion and input from appropriate experts within the region
- Work closely with national offices to identify and engage a pool of talented experts, commentators and organisations which ACCA can work with, including leading employers, interest groups and academic institutions, who can contribute insights to an ACCA community promoting the profession and public good
- Identify areas of interest from a policy and issues perspective and to develop a plan to produce relevant digital output (including social media articles and short-form videos) that amplifies the brand power in massive communication
- Help to create opportunities and provide policy toolkit materials that other teams (including business development team, member team, business relationship team) can use for stakeholder engagement and conversations
- Represent ACCA policy positions or support Regional Head of Policy, Greater China to represent ACCA policy positions on forums/PR/events/member activities and regional groupings
- Ensure that the integrity of ACCA’s PI programme and policy positions are maintained across the region.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The post holder will be expected to have the following qualifications and experience:
- Educated to at least degree but preferably to post graduate or professional qualification level (ACCA or CICPA preferred)
- An understanding of business and policy issues across China
- An understanding of accountancy or of issues impacting on the accounting profession, as well as an interest in or experience of issues such as regulation, technology and global trade and economics
- Proven research, drafting and writing experience at a high level
- Proven language, presentation and facilitation skills in Mandarin and English
- Strong communication skills with the ability to engage and energise people at all levels
- A strong track record of delivery in a similar role within a high-profile organisation.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Applications close: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend