Business Development Manager
Back to search results
Job no: 499523
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Nicosia, Open
Categories: Business Development/ Sales
We are delighted to be recruiting and exciting new Business Development Manager role to support in our growth in Greece. This role will be based in Cyprus and will be part of a dynamic and high performing team who are committed to achieving their goals. When it is allowed, the ability to travel will be essential in this role.
The role plays an essential role in ACCA’s growth and development in Greece which will need strong relationships being developed with new and existing Universities, business schools, colleges and other feeder qualifications into ACCA to deliver significant growth in good recruitment, conversion and retention of ACCA students through to membership. The role will be responsible for identifying and developing strong and beneficial relationships with key universities across Greece continued pathways for ACCA students and member whilst also finding new and enhancing current commercially focused business relationships with business schools and other education or professional organisations. The role will be responsible for developing and, driving sustainable growth and enhance the reputation of ACCA by developing lasting pathways which will guarantee a strong pipeline of students who convert to membership as well as finding new strategic opportunities to grow the markets.
Specifically, the job will deliver strong student numbers who will progress well. In order to do this the role will need to build new relationships with universities and other education providers whilst also supporting the work of the Senior Business Development Manager for Southern Europe.
- Key KPI for growth of new ACCA student numbers and progression (exam entries)
- Develop and accredit new universities across Greece to maximise the opportunity for growth of students across Greece
- Driving revenue stream focusing on CPD, Certificates and other revenue generating products
- Agreements with ALPs, LPs and Universities for commercial relationships that deliver new ACCA students and Exam Entries
- Build relationships with local partners such as National Body and trade organisations as well as senior members that will support delivery of growth and exam KPIs.
Strategy and planning
- Supports the development of the market plan with Market Head, Senior BDM and Education Manager targeting education, and learning providers and business plan with a specific focus on promoting CPD, certificates, courses and products as part of the WE strategy
- Using agreed criteria, defines which new universities and business schools should be targeted, and ensures a sales pipeline is managed, understanding the potential contribution the national body could make to targets and strategy
- Works with Education, Accreditation, Marketing, Central Sales & Marketing, Partnerships and Market Head to develop and deliver a plan of activity for all key partners across Germany.
- Manages list of university, learning provider and business schools in Greece and Cyprus developing multi-level relationships, including top to top engagement and engages CHQ and other markets to the relationship where appropriate
- Ensures the appropriate promotion of products and services to universities and business schools ensuring that relevant opportunities for existing members and students are continuously developed and that ACCA grows the number of ACCA members and achieves enhanced reputation and influence
- For universities, understand education landscape and accredit new universities in Greece, raise awareness of the ACCA qualification and drive sustainable student recruitment through signed strategic agreements, presentations and other similar campaigns increase the number of exemptions, supporting them with the Re-accreditation process and increase the number of embedded programmes
- Develop new revenue streams
- Works with the marketing team to develop and deliver university focused marketing initiatives throughout the year
- Promotes and communicates to stakeholders in Western Europe changes or updates to the ACCA qualification, new products and assessments and support them in adopting them.
- Reports regularly on progress through the appropriate reporting mechanisms on agreed university, learning provider and employer related targets.
Knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrable experience in independent business development, new market entry, key account management and business-to-business selling, ideally in a professional service, education or international student recruitment-based environment
- Knowledge of sales, business development frameworks, processes and techniques
- Understanding of accountancy related issues and an international student recruitment background would be an advantage
- An understanding of regulatory and education frameworks in Germany or the EU is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build long term, high quality, trusted relationships up to, and including, board level
- Highly independent and self-motivated individual who is able to work on own initiative to realise size and scope of opportunities to deliver results
- Outstanding communicator with excellent presentation skills, both written and oral
- Excellent networker and prospector at all levels
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Commercially orientated and results driven with a track record of successful delivery and an ability to identify new opportunities;
- Highly-motivated, proactive and enthusiastic; able to work independently
- Plans, organises and prioritises work to be able to set and meet stretching targets and strict deadlines and within agreed budgets;
- Demonstrate integrity and professionalism in line with ACCA values and mission
- Fluent in spoken and written Greek.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend