Business Development Manager
Back to search results
Job no: 499522
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Business Development/ Sales
We are recruiting for an exciting new Business Development Manager role which is key in driving ACCA's entry into the German market. Based in Brussels, you will be part of a dynamic and motivated team delivering key objectives for the organisation. When it is allowed, the ability to travel will be essential in this role.
The role plays an essential role in ACCA’s entry into the German market which will need strong relationships being with Universities and Employers leading to significant growth in good recruitment, conversion and retention of ACCA students through to membership. The role will be responsible for identifying and developing strong and beneficial relationships with key employers to ensure continued pathways for ACCA students and member whilst also finding new and enhancing current commercially focused business relationships with universities and Approved Learning Providers (ALPs). The role will be responsible for developing the entry plan into the new market, drive sustainable growth and enhance the reputation of ACCA by developing lasting pathways which will guarantee a strong pipeline of students who convert to membership as well as finding new strategic opportunities to grow the markets.
Specifically, the job will deliver strong student numbers who will progress well. In order to do this the role will need to build new relationships with ALPs, universities and employers whilst also understanding and exploring potential recognition pathways in the German market.
- Key KPI for growth of new ACCA student numbers and progression (exam entries)
- Develop and accredit new universities across Germany and accredit large key employers who will support ACCA future members
- Driving revenue stream focusing on CPD, Certificates and other revenue generating products
- Agreements with ALPs, LPs and Universities for commercial relationships that deliver new ACCA students and Exam Entries
- Strategic partnerships with employers for ACCA products and drive primary registrations
- Build relationships with local partners such as National Body and trade organisations as well as senior members that will support delivery of growth and exam KPIs.
Strategy and planning
- Supports the development of the market plan targeting education, learning, and employer strategy and business plan with a specific focus on promoting CPD, certificates, courses and products as part of the WE strategy
- Using agreed criteria, defines which new universities and employers should be targeted, and ensures a sales pipeline is managed, understanding the potential contribution each employer and national body could make to targets and strategy
- Works with Education, Accreditation, Marketing, Central Sales & Marketing, Partnerships and Market Head to develop and deliver a plan of activity for all key partners across Germany.
- Manages list of university, learning provider, employer in Germany developing multi-level relationships, including top to top engagement and engages CHQ and other markets to the relationship where appropriate
- Ensures the appropriate promotion of products and services to employers, ensuring that relevant opportunities for existing members and students are continuously developed and that ACCA grows the number of ACCA members and achieves enhanced reputation and influence
- For employers demonstrate the potential for talent support, increasing the number of vacancies across Germany and ACCAs and ensure increased recruitment from these employers into ACCA
- For universities, understand education landscape and accredit new universities in Germany, raise awareness of the ACCA qualification and drive sustainable student recruitment through signed strategic agreements, presentations and other similar campaigns; increase the number of exemptions, supporting them with the Re-accreditation process and increase the number of embedded programmes
- Develop new revenue streams with ALPs and other tuition partners for ACCA courses and programmes
- Works with the marketing team to develop and deliver university, learning provider and employer focused marketing initiatives throughout the year
- Promotes and communicates to stakeholders in Western Europe changes or updates to the ACCA qualification, new products and assessments and support them in adopting them.
- Reports regularly on progress through the appropriate reporting mechanisms on agreed university, learning provider and employer related targets.
Knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrable experience in independent business development, new market entry, key account management and business-to-business selling, ideally in a professional service, education or international student recruitment-based environment
- Knowledge of sales, business development frameworks, processes and techniques
- Understanding of accountancy related issues and an international student recruitment background would be an advantage
- An understanding of regulatory and education frameworks in Germany or the EU is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build long term, high quality, trusted relationships up to, and including, board level
- Highly independent and self-motivated individual who is able to work on own initiative to realise size and scope of opportunities to deliver results
- Outstanding communicator with excellent presentation skills, both written and oral
- Excellent networker and prospector at all levels
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Commercially orientated and results driven with a track record of successful delivery and an ability to identify new opportunities
- Highly-motivated, proactive and enthusiastic; able to work independently
- Plans, organises and prioritises work to be able to set and meet stretching targets and strict deadlines and within agreed budgets
- Demonstrate integrity and professionalism in line with ACCA values and mission
- Fluent in spoken and written German.
Advertised: Romance Daylight Time
Applications close: Romance Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend