Practice Development Manager
Back to search results
Job no: 499466
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Open, UK - Office based or Remote
Categories: Business Development/ Sales, Customer Services, Marketing/ PR
ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We're the world's most forward-thinking professional accountancy body. Since we were founded in 1904, we have expanded to over 1500 staff in 50+ countries, meaning we’re a truly global organisation. Our people enjoy a working environment that is dynamic, human and connected, and have a strong focus on creating value for our students and members.
We’re currently looking for a Practice Development Manager on a full time permanent basis. This position sits within the Member Engagement team, based anywhere in the UK.
The Practice Development Manager delivers an integrated, high impact and aligned plan of support aimed at UK members from the small to medium practice sector.
The role will deliver sustained improvements to the net promoter scores amongst SMP members and support plans to grow our influence in this sector at UK and global level.
- Develops and delivers and SMP support plan that address the sectors needs both from a technical and practice development perspective
- Champions the SMP sector internally at ACCA and seeks to ensure improvements to the proposition and customer experience. Works to identify artificial barriers that undermine member NPS and working with relevant team seeks to find a solution
- Manages key partnerships that form a key part of the UK proposition for SMP members and supports any global/regional partnerships to drive digital adoption
- Builds relationships with key SMP practices to draw insight on key developments and works with the Sectors and Communities team to develop ACCA’s engagement with the Sector
- Supports the Policy and Strategic Engagement team drive responses to and engagement in professional insights, consultations and engage in events
- Contributes to and is a member of the Global SMP Working Group, bringing best practice examples, works to bring alignment and efficiency and offers operational support where possible
- Manages UK Practitioner Panel to draw key insights that support the UK and global proposition. Provides a reasonable level of administration support to the group
- Partners with the Continuous Professional Learning, Professional Education and ACCA media to align free and paid for support to SMP members
- Works with marketing to create aligned and relevant campaigns and initiatives designed to bring visibility and engagement with the SMP value proposition
- Works with marketing and the Policy and Strategic Engagement to develop and deliver high impact local communications such as the InPractice Newsletter
- Monitors customer insight reports and other engagement data to drive innovation and improvements to the customer experience
- Monitors budget and manages variance on a monthly basis.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge for the SMP practice sector or small business sector
- Experience of working in the practice sector is desirable
- Experience of managing partners and developing relationships
- Experience of working with and managing volunteers to build community
- Knowledge and interest in the accounting and finance sector and current affairs
- Proactive and innovative in finding solutions to the support priority needs of members informed by insight
- Confident and clear oral communication skills, with strong interpersonal skills to deal with people at all levels both internally and externally
- Strong organisational skills to deal with a wide variety of tasks, projects and issues simultaneously whilst working to deadlines
- Strong written skills to produce good quality marketing/social copy, reports and agendas
- Experience of developing and delivering digital events and meetings
- Knowledge of MS Teams, conferencing platforms and social media platforms.
Equality, diversity and inclusion statement
At ACCA we recognise the value inherent to a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. In line with our values, we're committed to removing artificial barriers, creating connections and embracing diversity. We're passionate about eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation, ensuring no employee or applicant is treated less favourably than another. We want to create opportunity for all so that everyone working for ACCA feels supported at work and can be themselves.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend