Senior Manager - Sustainability
Back to search results
Job no: 499410
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Policy, Project Management, Research, Strategy / Development, Writing / Editing
We’re currently looking for a Senior Manager – Sustainability to join our Professional Insights team on a permanent basis.
The Professional Insights team is ACCA’s central policy team. Its purpose is to represent and drive ACCA’s voice in the accountancy profession and beyond, on research and policy issues linked to supporting organisations and economies to become more sustainable.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Conceptualise, execute, and front (present) research - identify areas which represent a gap in current commentary in the market, and which will give ACCA a distinctive voice and strong advocacy positions.
- Running surveys, convening roundtables, conducting 1-1 interviews, and desk research to gather inputs; distilling key messages and producing reports and other outputs
- Project management - meeting demands from ACCA’s markets globally, marketing, PR/comms, operations; prioritising, managing expectations and factoring dependencies, transparent working style with pre-agreed timelines and milestones, stakeholder management internally and externally (senior levels) in the context of COP26
- Supporting ACCA’s sustainability strategy – advising on applying best practice from research to ACCA’s own approach, including incorporation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Regulator, government, and industry engagement - increasing ACCA’s influence and credibility globally with regulators/oversight bodies, ministries, supras (e.g. UN, World Bank) and industry coalitions (e.g. A4S) on topics including climate risk, the SDGs and broader ESG management issues
- Supporting accountancy education - working with colleagues and external stakeholders to support ongoing professional development and wider education activities across ACCA
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has subject matter expertise and policy experience in sustainability at mid-senior level
- Has a proven track record in the creation and dissemination of content-rich research and brand management activities to business audiences, with the ability to develop policy positions
- Has strong project management and organisation skills with the ability to think ahead and plan accordingly
- Has strong report writing skills and a capacity to produce a broad range of compelling thought leadership and insight content
- Desirable to have some experience in operationalising the sustainability agenda e.g. sustainability reporting and disclosures, assessment of an organisation’s current sustainability performance, methodology/roadmap to achieve improvements
- Has experience of working effectively with diverse stakeholders across cultures and countries
- Has a continuous improvement mindset, ability to work independently and an openness to exploring new/innovative ways of conducting and delivering research for maximising impact
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Core benefits including private healthcare, pension, life assurance, employee assistance programme and Nudge (a financial wellbeing tool)
- Customisable benefits including health assessments, healthcare cash plan, dental cover, gadget insurance and much, much more
- Flexible working times to support work/life balance. In addition, though we may not always be able to accommodate, we'll always consider all requests for flexible working arrangements
Interested in this role? Click Apply to submit your application.
Equality, diversity and inclusion statement
At ACCA we recognise the value inherent to a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. In line with our values, we're committed to removing artificial barriers, creating connections and embracing diversity. We're passionate about eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation, ensuring no employee or applicant is treated less favourably than another. We want to create opportunity for all so that everyone working for ACCA feels supported at work and can be themselves.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend