Assistant Management Accountant
Back to search results
Job no: 499406
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Categories: Accountancy, Finance
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant to join our Kuala Lumpur team on a 12 month fixed-term contract. This role will be based at home in the first instance while the office is closed.
The Assistant Management Accountant is responsible for the accurate recording and reporting of transactions within ACCA’s financial system. The role will take direction from Regional Financial Controller to ensure the accuracy of transactions such as (but not limited to) income, accruals, prepayments, fixed assets and VAT.
Reporting to the Regional Financial Controller, the role holder will ensure all transactions are complete, accurate and valid and that key accounts are reconciled in a timely manner to ensure the periodic financial reports are robust and accurate. This also includes administrative duties pertaining to travel.
- Check payment vouchers and reimbursement claim forms with all detailed supporting documents, to ensure key financial processes are carried out according to ACCA’s financial policies and procedures
- Preparation of payments for on-line and cheque approval as required
- Manage the Operational and payroll funds for branch companies including cash flow forecast and various funds request from parent company
- Acting as a key contact for various outsource and book-keeping providers. Provide guidance on local finance requirements based on the NOFP
- Handle daily fixed assets management, including but not limited to fixed assets registration, disposal, stock taking and etc.
- Manage the monthly closing process for region branches, including recording journals and entries in accordance with group accounting policies in group accounting system, preparing or reviewing the accounting books in local GAAP and preparing the reporting documents to global finance team within deadlines set
- Perform account analysis, budget control and variance analysis. Prepare and communicate the required reports either on regular basis or on local markets demand and ensure underlying substance of transactions is clearly understood
- Under the supervision of RFC and Central finance, liaise with other 3rd parties including banks, local tax bureau, other government authorities and external auditors. Coordinate and review the monthly tax filing to make sure local compliance is adhering to
- Reconcile the income to ensure the accurate information is captured and recorded. Handle the official invoice issuance per Markets’ request
- Co-ordination of local filing requirements (IRD) and local statuary accounts for business licence and regulations
- Assist the internal audit when applicable
- Administrative support for local Banking matters
- Under the supervision of Group Treasury make local changes and changes to local authorities and signatory delegations, as required
- Travel desk support engaging with local travel agencies to check approvals and administrative reconciliation with travel provider monthly statements.
- College or bachelor degree with major in accounting or relevant is a must
- Student or affiliate member of ACCA, CPA (or equivalent)
- Fluent English both in writing, speaking and listening
- Ability to converse in regional languages is a key advantage.
- Ambitious individual with desire to achieve ACCA qualification
- Good communication skills
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Sound skills of office software especially in excel
- An ability to handle multiple tasks under tight timelines and work under pressure
- Demonstrate a keenness for continual improvement
- Working experience in a MNC within a service industry is preferred
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At ACCA we recognise the value inherent to a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. In line with our values, we're committed to removing artificial barriers, creating connections and embracing diversity. We're passionate about eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation, ensuring no employee or applicant is treated less favourably than another. We want to create opportunity for all so that everyone working for ACCA feels supported at work and can be themselves.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend