Senior Project Manager
Back to search results
Job no: 499332
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Glasgow 110 QS
Categories: Project Management
ACCA is seeking a Project Manager with a proven track record in delivering compliance projects and a strong IT background. This is a fixed-term contract for an enduring role at ACCA.
The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring the creation and delivery of a robust plan, managing numerous dependencies across multiple projects and suppliers. The project is high profile so clear communication and the ability to work seamlessly between the technical teams and our senior stakeholders will be key to the success of the project.
We’re looking for a strong, independent PM who can bring their experience to help shape and drive this critical project.
- Support the preparations of requests for project proposals and business cases and conduct all necessary meetings to facilitate production of required levels of information for each stage. Liaise with architects to manage alignment to the roadmap and strategy.
- Lead all phases of projects to ensure on-time completion within budget. Develop project plans and objectives; identify resources needed, develop schedules and methods for measuring results. Assemble and coordinate project team members; assign individual responsibilities for projects of up to £500k.
- Delivery of project outputs are to the appropriate levels of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the project plan.
- Preparation and dissemination of relevant and timely project communications with project sponsors, functional area managers and/or third parties regarding status projects, and reporting progress of the project at regular intervals to the project sponsor and governance boards as appropriate.
- Manage both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects and other initiatives.
- Manage and maintain strong working relationships with all project suppliers both internal and external to ensure optimum performance.
- In addition to these key responsibilities, perform any other activities within a project to which they have a secondary alignment or in which they have the experience, capability and knowledge.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in Project Management using best practice methodologies and processes on projects of up to £500k+.
- Strong IT experience with a broad understanding of IT management, application development, infrastructure, support and operations.
- 3-5 years or more experience as an IT Project Manager working in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Proven track record of delivering IT projects with a good grounding in IT, infrastructure, middleware and application.
- Ability to liaise with suppliers, business stakeholders & ability to translate business-technical and vice versa.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering IT projects.
- Ability to apply strong project management skills and methodologies as required.
- Ability to synthesise project information and establish the scope of a project.
- Experience of delivering an Identity and Access management project and business change initiative.
- Budgetary control & resource allocation.
- Management of cross functional teams.
- Understanding of different project lifecycles for IT and non IT projects
- Knowledge of Office 365, Windows 10 deployments, migration of legacy infrastructure would be an advantage.
- Project Management qualification, such as Prince 2 Certified Practitioner, or equivalent level of experience.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or an equivalent level of experience.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend