Accounts Payable Manager
Back to search results
Job no: 499318
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Glasgow 110 QS
Categories: Accountancy, Finance
We have a excellent opportunity available for an Accounts Payable Manager to join our high-performing finance team on a 12 month fixed-term contract. This role will be home-based, and when restrictions allow from our Glasgow office and comes during a time of transformation and change within for the organisation.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Operations, the role holder will be responsible for managing a team of finance professionals through a business transition to deliver global financial transaction processing across the organisation. Core finance transactions include Accounts Payable and Expenses Management for all ACCA entities
Working closely with colleagues across Finance , this role is instrumental in the sustainability, effectiveness and service provided by global Finance Operations.
- To manage global financial transaction processing in Financial Operations including the development and monitoring of policies, processes and procedures
- Develop a high performing and engaged team of finance professionals. Provide direction, development and line management to your people, ensuring KPIs are met. Achieved through effective conduct, performance and absence management
- Listen to voice of the customer and employees to deliver process improvements which result in efficiency, remove waste and increase customer and employee satisfaction through continuous improvement
- Completion of testing and inspection of critical to quality measures in all areas of teams output
- Create and deliver training to employees and stakeholders
- Cultivate a team culture focusing on the customer, service delivery and performance standards
- Deliver a successful transition to digital solutions and provide SME support to projects
- Collaborate with wider Finance colleagues, our internal/external customers to successfully deliver our goals and objectives
- Maintain, comply and promote across the organisation a set of global financial policies and processes ensuring in-country legal, regulatory and financial requirements are being met
- Support audits across the directorate and deliver on actions using established audit control systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of best practice financial operating procedures
- People management policy and procedures
- Understanding of what a good customer experience looks like.
- Able to apply effective people management to foster a strong culture and engagement
- Customer focus mindset to provide and deliver continuous improvement solutions
- Interpersonal skills required to work effectively with colleagues across cultures and disciplines
- Training , coaching presentational and influencing skills
- A flexible approach to making decisions in an environment with shifting priorities and unpredictable demands
- Effective data analysis, data manipulation, planning and time management.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working within a finance transactional and customer experience environment
- Experience of managing teams in a complex and changing operating environment.
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Core benefits including private healthcare, pension, life assurance, employee assistance programme and Nudge (a financial wellbeing platform)
- Customisable benefits including health assessments, healthcare cash plan, dental cover, gadget insurance and much, much more
- Flexible working arrangements to support work/life balance (our UK offices are currently closed until 2021 so we're all working 100% remotely).
We are committed to equal opportunities across our recruitment activities and have a real commitment to ensuring the inclusion and well-being of all employees.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend