Qualifications Technical Adviser (Audit and Assurance)
Back to search results
Job no: 499183
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: UK - Office based or Remote, Glasgow 110 QS
Categories: Accountancy, Strategy / Development
We’re currently looking for a Qualifications Technical Adviser (Audit and Assurance) on a full time, permanent basis. This position sits within the ACCA Qualification department. It can be based from home or in either of our London or Glasgow offices.
This is a new role to complement the existing team and has been created to support the increase in exam sessions and session-based CBEs, in addition to ACCA’s response to the COVID pandemic and the need for different methods of assessment.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Leading the quality assurance and standard setting of the content and style of the examinations for the audit and assurance suite of exams
- Reviewing psychometric analysis of exam question performance and providing feedback to ensure robust and fair results
- Being a technical source of expertise for ACCA in matters relating to audit and assurance exams
- Developing new syllabi content for ACCA through showing continual awareness of changes influencing the profession
- Selecting and managing suitable examining team members and contributing to the training of, and feedback to them
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a professional accountancy qualification, or equivalent, obtained mainly with good first time passes
- Has a strong academic background, including good class of degree
- Has an excellent technical understanding of the audit and assurance syllabus subject, at all levels of the ACCA Qualification
- Has experience of working in an educational environment with a clear understanding of the levels at which each exam is set
- Has the ability to balance multiple exams across a session with CBE provision to ensure that all are at the same standard
- Has excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and external contacts including those working at partner level in accounting practice or professors in academia
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Core benefits including private healthcare, pension, life assurance, employee assistance programme and Nudge (a financial wellbeing platform)
- Customisable benefits including health assessments, healthcare cash plan, dental cover, gadget insurance and much, much more
- Flexible working arrangements to support work/life balance (our UK offices are currently closed until 2021 so we're all working 100% remotely)
Interested in this role? Click Apply to submit your application.
Equality, diversity and inclusion statement
At ACCA we recognise the value inherent to a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. In line with our values, we're committed to removing artificial barriers, creating connections and embracing diversity. We're passionate about eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation, ensuring no employee or applicant is treated less favourably than another. We want to create opportunity for all so that everyone working for ACCA feels supported at work and can be themselves.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend