Senior Commercial Manager (9 month FTC)
Back to search results
Job no: 499181
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Glasgow 110 QS
Categories: Finance, Strategy / Development
It is my pleasure to bring an opportunity for a Senior Commercial Manager to join our Financial Planning and Performance team on a 9 month fixed-term contract.
The Senior Commercial Manager will lead in the development of ACCA’s commercial and financial advisory support by providing analysis and advice to strategic level programmes, tactical initiatives and BAU improvement projects. The role holder will lead a range of focused activities which will identify new opportunities and will also focus on reducing financial risk for ACCA. This role will drive the adoption of strong commercial principles across the organisation and will help deliver a financially sustainable business model through participation in projects and through provision of sound advice supported by robust financial models, which they will also create.
The role will work across all ACCA directorates and will require the role holder to work with and influence stakeholders at all levels, including Executive Directors.
- Build an expert knowledge of the ACCA customer journey and lead activities, including development of customer analysis model to improve financial insights on this area. This insight will improve understanding of, for example, cost to capture, cost to serve, income per customer, margin per customer
- Lead financial/commercial discussions with external suppliers, supporting our Procurement and Contract Management team to ensure that ACCA continually achieves value for money in all external relationships. Provide commercial and modelling support to the central Procurement team, particularly when the business is seeking to procure new services or when negotiating complex high-value contracts
- Provide support to IT & Transformation projects. Build strong working relationships with IT&T senior management team in order to ensure that the right level of commercial rigour, review and challenge is included in our transformation processes. This includes the creation of business case and benefit models to support investment decision-making and future tracking of project benefits
- Act as Secretary for the Income Governance Group (IGG), the group is responsible for monitoring income performance and decision-making for income-related initiatives and customer interventions of up to £2m. In advance of IGG, work with the business as a quality gate to shape IGG content and challenge the viability of any proposals coming forward
- Use cross-functional relationships and business knowledge to identify negative and undesirable customer or financial trends which have the potential to impact the future success of ACCA
- Support the wider Finance team in any activities necessary to ensure the efficient running of the department, to include but not limited to, participating in departmental focus groups, team events, skill sharing, job shadowing and to ensure the Finance team is operationally excellent and performing to the highest standards
- Develop commercial training materials and adopt innovative training delivery methods in order to promote a culture of continual commercial improvement across the wider ACCA organisation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will likely be able to demonstrate most or all of the following:
- Commercial experience gained within multi-channel or high-volume customer businesses
- Detailed working knowledge of adaptable modelling techniques and reporting tools – including the ability to develop of financial models from scratch
- A degree in a business-related subject
- Strong ability to influence others, including those at a level above
- Experience of working within a matrix structure to achieve common goals
- Direct experience of:
- Supporting delivery of large scale changes (£5m+)
- Working collaboratively with and challenging executive level stakeholders
- Working effectively within a multi-stakeholder organisation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to adapt communications to suit the audience
- Experience of presenting to non-financial stakeholders/ facilitating workshops
- Desirable to have knowledge of project environment or business case support
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Work on own initiative within parameters agreed with line manager.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend