Global PR Officer
Back to search results
Job no: 499155
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Marketing/ PR, Media/ Design, Writing / Editing
We’re currently looking for a Global PR Officer on a full-time, permanent basis. This position sits within the Corporate Communications team which is part of ACCA’s Brand and Corporate Reputation function. The role is based in our London Office.
Do you want to play a core role in ACCA’s Corporate Communications? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
The Corporate Communications team leads on ACCA’s external corporate messaging at ACCA. It works with ACCA’s official spokespeople - employees and members - to enhance and protect ACCA’s reputation and that of the profession in the global media, through our channel partners and with the general public.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Working across the organisation to develop corporate messaging about ACCA’s policies, products, and research and insights to the media
- Actively seeking opportunities to promote ACCA through the media by researching and writing news releases, articles, briefings and opinion pieces
- Selling-in these stories to the media, building and maintaining media contacts
- Establishing and maintaining a database of key media and opinion formers, using an on-line database for this purpose
- Creating media coverage reports that demonstrate the value of ACCA’s media coverage and its reach
- Helping the Corporate Communications team with the media and news planning grid
- Helping to write high level, engaging and timely speeches for senior staff at ACCA (chief executive, president, deputy president, vice president, and other senior staff as relevant)
- Using the @ACCANews twitter account to engage audiences with our news and opinions
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has previous successful experience of media relations and PR work, including PR campaigns
- Possesses excellent writing and communication skills, together with proven press office organisational and news planning abilities
- Is a natural ‘self-starter’, capable of working both on own initiative and as part of a team
- Has good media knowledge with an ability to identify and build new media contacts
- Has good knowledge of using online and social media to secure communications objectives
- Has a good understanding of policy, current affairs and business issues
- Has good influencing and networking skills, with the ability to liaise with people at all levels and from diverse cultures and backgrounds
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Core benefits including private healthcare, pension and life assurance
- Customisable benefits including health assessments, healthcare cash plan dental cover, cycle to work scheme and much, much more
- Flexible working and a great working environment
Interested in this role? Click ‘Apply now’ to submit your application.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend