Back to search results
Job no: 499153
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Glasgow 110 QS
Categories: Accountancy, Finance, Project Management
ACCA has an excellent opportunity for a Management Accountant to join the Finance team in Glasgow to support the preparation of a new Finance system. The assignment will be for 6 months FTC and will involve working closely with the finance team and other stakeholders in coming up with new process of fully auditable opening trial balance position for the new Finance system at legal entities level.
The Management Accountant is responsible for the accurate recording and reporting of transactions within ACCA’s financial system. The role is required to lead a specific work package to support the mapping and transformation of opening balances of the ACCA Group from the existing Oracle configuration to the new Dynamics structure. This work package will also include end to end process mapping and documentation for new ERP system while working closely with small team of Assistant Management Accountants to ensure the accuracy of transactions such as (but not limited to) revenue recognition, adjusting entries, consolidation of international entities and VAT.
Reporting to the Financial Controller and Digital Transformation (DT) Finance Project, the role holder will ensure all transactions are complete, accurate and valid to ensure the periodic financial reports are robust and accurate.
- Ensure key financial processes are carried out according to ACCA financial policies and procedures
- Work closely with team of Assistant Management Accountants to perform key financial tasks to deliver periodic financial information
- Support the Digital Transformation (DT) Finance Project and Financial Controller to develop new procedures in accordance with ACCA policies where required
- Ensure general ledger accounts are reconciled in a timely manner and that lead schedules are maintained
- Adhere to the timetable set by the DT Finance Project and Group Financial Controller to perform financial close processes
- Support the DT Finance Project and Financial Controller in developing a standard suite of performance reporting packs
- Support the Head of Financial Reporting with the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit regarding opening position of ACCA Group in the new ERP
- Identify improvements in service opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, CA, etc.)
- Knowledge of Oracle R11 and D365 advantageous.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team of part qualified accountants
- Strong communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills to actively interrogate and present data in a meaningful format
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint knowledge
- An ability to handle multiple tasks under tight timelines and work under pressure
- Demonstrate a keenness for continual improvement.
- Corporate accounting experience, including revenue and overheads
- Post-qualification experience required.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend