Cyber Security Manager
Back to search results
Job no: 499098
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Glasgow 110 QS
ACCA has an excellent opportunity for a Cyber Security Manager to lead the Cyber Security Team, based in Glasgow City Centre. The Cyber Security Manager will act as the key Subject Matter Expert on all aspects of Cyber Security and ensure all BAU operations related to Cyber Security are carried out to an outstanding standard, which includes the monitoring and governance around IT Operations and Project implementations.
- Produce management reporting and dashboards related to Cyber Security activity to be presented to the IT leadership team and company exec’s on a regular basis.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of security controls and reporting on IT Security and compliance across ACCA.
- In order to reduce the overall security risk to the organisation, outputs from relevant internal risk assessments and changes in the external environment will be used.
- Evaluate threats to the environment and an ever changing threat landscape.
- Apply practical security knowledge to develop new detective measures and practices to protect ACCA and its data.
- Look for opportunities to enhance ACCA’s security posture and provide enhanced levels of governance and IT platform monitoring to reduce ACCA’s exposure to external and internal cyber security threats using targeted Cyber Security systems and robust cyber security governance and enforcement.
- Evaluate all Cyber Security concerns, risks, issues and developing threats to ensure that the ACCA leadership team are fully engaged and to ensure that remediation plans and actions are developed and acted upon to implement proportional solutions.
- Work closely with the Information Security Assurance Officer to ensure reporting is aligned and consistent.
- Manage the collation of management information from reviews following the implementation of Cyber Security programmes and projects to demonstrate improved compliance in the technology area.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Extensive Experience in conducting risk and business impact assessments
- Effective interpersonal and negotiating skills, with the ability to present recommendations and ideas and to summarize issues to a diverse group of business areas and management levels (including executive level)
- Demonstrable experience at managerial level – performance management, coaching, mentoring.
- Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Vast demonstrable experience within a senior Cyber Security role
- Essential that the candidate is CISSP certified, whilst CISM and CISA certification is desirable
- Strong knowledge and experience of PCI DSS, ISO 27001, NCSC and GDPR. Understanding and experience of China Cyber Security controls would also be desirable.
- Good technical security knowledge across major cloud platforms, enterprise ERP, Office 365 security tooling, Azure Active Directory, server and desktop platforms.
- Demonstrable in depth SME experience of information security issues and methods.
- In depth understanding of security requirements and operational/service delivery characteristics.
- Self-Starter; Organized; Problem-Solving; Detail-Oriented; Administrative.
- Integrity & Ethics; Customer-Focused; Positive Attitude; Results-Driven; Action-Oriented; Flexible and Adaptable
- Conversant with best practice methodologies in their area of expertise, and able to take a pragmatic approach to their practical
- Excellent understanding of Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure & Office 365), network and computer hardware, network protocols, operating systems, application software, information security principles, standards and best practices. In-depth knowledge of Windows, Unix/Linux, IP, as well as security tools and methodologies is essential. Hands on experience of some of the services mentioned above would also be advantageous.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend