Business Development Manager
Back to search results
Job no: 499063
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Glasgow 110 QS
Categories: Business Development/ Sales
I am delighted to bring you an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Business Development Manager covering Scotland and North-East England.
This role plays an essential role in ensuring recruitment, conversion and retention of ACCA students through to membership by developing and nurturing relationships with learning provider partners in the UK. The role will drive sustainable growth and enhance the reputation of ACCA by ensuring appropriate support is in place to provide quality progression through partnerships.
Specifically the job will focus on retention and progression of students through enhanced partnerships with specific universities and will require someone who is comfortable having high-level conversations with senior stakeholders. This role will involve some travel throughout the UK.
Strategy and planning
- Supports the development of a sales plan for the UK which delivers growth through the development and management of highly effective relationships with learning providers, colleges and universities
- Using agreed criteria, defines which universities and learning providers should be targeted, and ensures a sales pipeline is managed, understanding the potential contribution each university or learning provider could make to targets and strategy
- Specifically, supporting the development and engagement of partner joint plans to enhance primary ACCA registrations including apprenticeships.
- Assumes ownership for key partner relationships in the UK, developing multi-level relationships, including top to top engagement and engages CHQ and other markets where appropriate, with the target of growing the number of students and graduates progressing to ACCA studies and membership
- Becomes a trusted advisor to partners giving outstanding service and support involving weekly, monthly and quarterly interactions
- Promotes and communicates to partners in the UK, changes or updates to the ACCA qualification, new products and assessments and support them in adopting them
- Works with the education specialists in ACCA to increase the quality of education provision in the UK and monitor performance in order to ensure the highest standards are met.
- Obtains and maintains the integrity of organisational information including key stakeholders, students of the relevant learning providers, contact details and history
- Reports regularly on progress through the appropriate reporting mechanisms on agreed targets.
- Understands the implication of economics, market trends, developments in the education sector, activities of key competitors and product and service developments from ACCA on the strategy for universities and learning providers and is able to apply it to the specific situation/requirements of targeted universities and ALPs
- Actively supports the wider work and initiatives of ACCA UK, Western Europe and ACCA globally
- Contributes to the design, implementation and review of the procedures/ systems and other duties relevant to the job purpose that may be assigned by the Sales Manager and the Head of UK.
Knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrable experience in business development, key account management and business-to-business selling, ideally in an educational, employability/careers or training based environment
- Knowledge of sales, business development frameworks, processes and techniques
- Understanding of the issues and challenges facing the educational environment and accountancy sector in the UK, particularly within Higher and Professional Education.
Skills and attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build long term, high quality, trusted relationships up to, and including, Deans and Board level
- Outstanding communicator with excellent presentation skills, both written and oral
- Excellent networker and prospector at all levels
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Commercially orientated and results driven with a track record of successful delivery and an ability to identify new opportunities
- Highly-motivated, proactive and enthusiastic; able to work independently
- Plans, organises and prioritises work to be able to set and meet stretching targets and strict deadlines and within agreed budgets
- Demonstrate integrity and professionalism in line with ACCA values and mission.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend