Solution Architect - Generalist with Data and Information Specialism
Back to search results
Job no: 499038
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Glasgow 110 QS
ACCA has an excellent opportunity for a Solution Architect to join our highly skilled IT and Transformation team based in Glasgow City Centre. The Solution Architect is responsible for ensuring that IT designs are delivered in accordance with the organisation’s target architecture, programme objectives and operational support requirements. Responsible for managing the development and maintenance of the solution architecture (SA) as it relates to the acquisition, use and management of solutions.
SA incorporates the delivery of business, application, information and technology capabilities. Provide technical leadership and within project and programme groups. Provide expertise in designing and implementing end to end solutions that support IT and business operational efficiency. Continuously improves the department’s solution design capability through delivery of solution architecture, standards and mentoring. Work with Enterprise Architects to ensure the completeness of the overall design of the Enterprise Architecture. Represents and supports solution architectures through relevant governance.
The scope of this role will be project portfolio dependent, and as part of the flexible resource pool, may be responsible for the line management, coaching, mentoring of Solution Designers and/or Web Developers, and will be expected to drive best practice development.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or an equivalent level of experience, ideally in a computing or business related discipline
- Experience across the full software development lifecycle with a real focus on design
- Experience of working with development partners, ideally with off-shore services
- Experience in mentoring team members in technical skills
- Experience in both waterfall and agile (SCRUM) methodologies
- Strong understanding of industry standard software design methodologies: object oriented design, Use Cases and UML
- Proven track record of project delivery using following technologies:
- CSS framework e.g. Less.js
- Node js / NPM
- State library e.g. Redux
- Self-motivated, well organised, able to manage own workload and proactively respond to changing priorities, meet tight deadlines while maintaining quality delivery.
- Good team player, able to use influencing skills working in a complex organisation within multi-disciplined project teams.
- Ability to apply effective technical judgement, prioritisation and decision-making.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience and also to communicate on technical subjects with geographically dispersed project team members.
- Previous experience of working on larger scale projects.
- Understanding of people management skills and requirements.
- Conversant with best practice methodologies in their area of expertise, and able to take a pragmatic approach to their practical application.
Cloud Infrastructure & Security Specific Experience:
- Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Cloud Native/Hybrid Cloud architectures
- Cloud platform experience – eg – Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
- SAAS package delivery and implementation experience
- IAAS experience
- Advanced Server Infrastructures
- Server Virtualisation
- IT Security
- Understanding and a passion for both cyber security and intelligence analysis
- Raising security awareness in the real world
- Encryption technologies (TLS/AES/SHA-2)
- Understanding of OSI Model and TCP/IP
- Knowledge of mobile applications
- Understanding of Web App vulnerabilities eg SQL injection & Cross Site Scripting
- Web App penetration testing
- Tools experience – eg Metasploit/Core Impact/Canvas, Burp/WebScarab/ZAP, Nessus/Nexpose
- Identity and Access Management
- Identity and Access Management technologies (SAML, OIDC, OAuth 2.0)
- Other technical
- IP Networking (LAN/WAN/Software Defined Networking/Firewalls/WAF)
- Container technologies (Docker/Kubernetes)
- SIP Telephony/CTI Integration (nice to have)?
- Certification / Accreditation – including:
- Cloud accreditation – eg AWS Certified Solutions Architect, CCNA Cloud (Cisco), CCNP Cloud (Cisco), MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Security +
At ACCA we encourage, progression, recognition and reward our employees with an excellent benefits package and opportunities for growth and development. If this role is of interest, we would love to hear from you, so please press Apply Now to submit your application.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend