Senior Cyber Security Analyst
Back to search results
Job no: 498959
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Glasgow 110 QS
ACCA have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Cyber Security Analyst to join the Global Cyber Security team based in Glasgow City Centre. The Senior Security Analyst is responsible for supporting the Cyber Security Manager in providing Security leadership and oversight within the IT Operations department, working with stakeholders across various IT functions, the wider business community and 3rd party vendors to help continuously improving ACCA’s security posture.
The Senior Cyber Security Analyst will support and enable the embedding of privacy and security concepts and principles throughout ACCA, especially within its technology estate, and to ensure that appropriate controls and procedures are implemented and continuously monitored for both new projects and existing business processes.
The Senior Security Analyst will evaluate threats to the environment and an ever changing global threat landscape. They will apply practical security knowledge and thought leadership to develop new detective measures and practices to protect ACCA and its data. ACCA recognises that privacy and confidentiality of students’, members’, partners’ and employees’ personal data is critical, and our organisation strives to implement effective privacy management and governance. ‘Privacy by Design’ and ‘Privacy by Default’ are 2 key components of its privacy programme, in accordance with the requirements of GDPR.
Building upon the existing relationship between IT Security and Corporate Assurance, the Senior Security Analyst will work closely with the Privacy Office and other business areas to ensure that privacy and security principles are embedded into technology projects and operational systems from the design stage and throughout lifecycle.
- Work closely with the Cyber Security Manager, to identify and provide prioritisation and guidance on improved IT security systems and controls, to a diverse number of IT services, working with our agreed vendors and key partners to deliver these improvements.
- Work closely with IT Operations to design and deliver an improved IT security landscape, through the development of advanced security monitoring, analysis and threat management across ACCA systems and infrastructure
- Collaborate and coordinate with key business functions and projects to advise on privacy by design and security by design requirements
- Participate in privacy reviews in collaboration with the Privacy Office, and provide input into the development of data privacies policies, Secure Operating Procedures and data mapping when required
- Produce and present reporting, roadmaps, and security updates to senior audiences, deputising for the Cyber Security Manager when required
- Work closely with the Cyber Security Manager and the Privacy Office to identify and provide prioritisation and guidance on improved privacy tools and controls, especially privacy-enhancing technologies (PETs), for a diverse number of IT services, and collaborate with vendors and key partners to deliver these improvements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or an equivalent level of experience.
- Strong knowledge of data privacy standards and legislation, including but not limited to DPA 2018 and GDPR
- An IT Security background, working in a BAU support or project delivery environment.
- Experience of technology solution design, deployment and integration
- Knowledge and experience of technology governance and information management
- Working knowledge of cloud computing security would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence co-workers, senior management and 3rd parties.
- Proven ability to work pragmatically in a changing or uncertain environment
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
If this role is of interest we would love to hear from you, so please press Apply Now to submit your application.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend