Assistant Management Accountant - Uganda
Back to search results
Job no: 498926
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Accountancy, Finance
ACCA is the global body for professional accountants. ACCA's mission is to provide quality professional opportunities to people of ability and application, to be a leader in the development of the global accountancy profession, to promote the highest ethical and governance standards and to work in the public interest. ACCA supports 131,500 members and 362,000 students throughout their careers, providing services through a network of 80 offices and centres.
The role requires collaboration with global groups within ACCA to ensure achieved outcomes are aligned with the work of a number of functions.
The Assistant Management Accountant (AMA) plays a key role within financial organisation of the National office within the market cluster (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania) - The role will require working closely with the Market Heads in the cluster countries and the respective, Business Support and Compliance Managers (BSCM), as well as colleagues from other departments.
The role holder would primarily be responsible for the in-markets finance and human resources responsibilities within the cluster markets. In addition to this there will be a requirement to undertake HR tasks that require in region support. This would involve the maintenance of the all the relevant finance processes within the markets, maintain the internal control environment, maintaining the general ledger of the market, delivering a complete and accurate set of financial information, maintaining an efficient internal control environment, budgeting and forecasting in addition to serving as the in-house human resource support.
- Implementing proactive budget management and control, for both markets and business support services within their cluster
- Involved in annual budgetary process for the market and business services within their cluster
- Monthly budgetary evaluation and reforecasting of financial position of markets and business support services
- Evaluation of budgetary performance, analysing variances as well as providing value adding commentaries
- Maintaining the integrity of financial records, by ensuring that all valid transactions are completely and accurately captured within the company’s ERP
- Ensuring full compliance to the procurement to payment policy and process of the company at every point in time.
- Ensures timely reconciliation of all petty cash and bank accounts in the name of the company within its clusters
- Ensure proper classification of all transaction types, in accordance with company’s finance procedures
- Ensuring timely processing of employee expenses
- Preparing and entering journal entries
- Performing periodic financial closure – Month end, Quarter end and year end.
- Year-end close (audit journal entries)
- Preparing the monthly funds request and monitoring significant discrepancies to budget phasing
- External Audit Management – Lead in the Planning, supporting and ensure the completion of external audit assignment to ensure that audited financial statements are completed timely and all auditors requirements are received
- Internal Audit Management – Support the BSCM in the internal audit process for the relevant markets
- Ensuring that all audit action points within the management letters are completed within the time frame committed by management
- Reporting on the financial health of the markets on a periodic ( monthly basis), this would include but not limited to the monthly financial report to the market head and business support service, variance reports commentaries.
- Ensuring that the markets are tax compliant with all relevant tax laws. This includes but not limited to income tax, withholding tax, sales tax, local service tax etc
- Manage the relationship with any outsource tax provider, in ensuring that contractual obligations are fulfilled
- Ensure Medical Insurance within the market is active and functional
- Support the ICP in ensuring that pensions remitted to various providers on time and in full
- Support any HR Audits being conducted within the market
- HR Policy monitoring and Management
- Paper files maintained in market in conjunction with 1HR and local regulation (e.g. data storage timelines)
- Coordination and liaison with HR-related outsourced partners e.g. & health insurance benefit providers, pension providers
- Liaise with in-country authorities to for local statutory and ACCA Internal audits
- Provide Market-specific information for year-end statutory reporting.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A degree qualification in Accounting or business related course or Similar
- A part qualified Accountant or affiliate of the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants, would be an added advantage
- Practical experience of an accounting package, ideally QuickBooks or Sage
- Sound experience with an international organization and good track record in the area of business support
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good knowledge of IT applications and financial management process
- Experience of month end close including reconciliations
- Experience of budgetary control and variance analysis
- Experience of HR administrative process advantageous
Advertised: E. Africa Standard Time
Applications close: E. Africa Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend