Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor
Back to search results
Job no: 498895
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Glasgow 110 QS
Categories: Admin/ Secretarial/ PA, Compliance / Governance/ Risk, Policy
I am delighted to bring you the exciting new role of Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor which is a key role for our organisation and will be based in our Glasgow office.
As ACCA's Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor, you will be responsible for enabling a positive and proactive health, safety and environmental culture throughout ACCA. You will work in partnership with employees and line managers to educate, influence and help change behaviours resulting in compliance with health, safety and environmental legislation and good practice, ensuring workplace risks are appropriately controlled and impacts on the environment are minimised.
- Provision of professional, independent advice and guidance to employees and line managers in relation to health, safety and environmental issues including ergonomic/reasonable adjustments, risk assessments, policies and procedures, training etc.
- Support the development of an organisational approach to environmental management on a global basis
- Recording and investigating accidents, incidents and any work related ill health issues
- Designing and delivering, where required, health, safety and environmental training
- Conducting regular inspections, recording findings and managing subsequent actions
- Assisting with the development and continual improvement of health, safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Ensuring all local, national and international trends and changes in legislation are understood and planned for, including reviewing and updating policies, procedures and operational arrangements to reflect any changes
- Assisting with the administration associated with the health and safety training system
- Assist with the production of various health, safety and environmental reports both regular and adhoc in nature
- Support the network of regional Health and Safety and Environmental forums
- Work with third party suppliers to ensure Health and Safety compliance in their relevant areas e.g. Facilities Management, and complete due diligence reviews and audits where required
- Liaising with relevant authorities (e.g. Health and Safety Executive) when required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience of health and safety management
- Detailed knowledge of current health, safety and environmental legislation
- Experience of global health, safety and environmental matters
- NEBOSH Health and Safety certificate (or working towards)
- NEBOSH environmental certificate (or working towards)
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Patience, diplomacy and a collaborative approach
- Ability to negotiate and influence at all levels
- An investigative mind with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to challenge constructively and professionally.
I look forward to your application to this exciting new role!
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend