Back to search results
Job no: 498842
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Glasgow 110 QS
Categories: Admin/ Secretarial/ PA, Compliance / Governance/ Risk, Customer Services
Job Title: Authorisation Officer
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Location/Function: Glasgow 110 QS / Licensing (Governance)
Hours: 35 hours per week
We have an excellent opportunity for an Authorisation Officer – Level 1 to join our Authorisation team on a fixed term contract until March 2020. This role will be based in our Glasgow Queen Street office.
The Authorisation Officer – Level 1 is part of the Licensing team and the Regulation Directorate and the Governance Executive Directorate. It plays a vital part in ensuring ACCA’s statutory recognition for audit is maintained, supporting ACCA’s strategic delivery plan of achieving and promoting the highest professional, ethical and governance standards.
The Authorisation team are responsible for administering ACCA’s regulatory arrangements for the issue of practising certificates and licenses to members undertaking public practice work. The Authorisation team work closely with the rest of Governance and ACCA as a whole to ensure compliance with ACCA’s lead regulators to uphold standards.
The Authorisation Officer – Level 1 role will be primarily responsible undertaking assessment work, specifically to review member eligibility to hold a non-audit practising certificate. The main focus of this role will be to assess practising certificate training records, liaise with members, set expectations and work towards ensuring they are eligible to hold an ACCA practising certificate (non-audit).
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Ensure the highest quality of customer service is provided at all times, with strict adherence to agreed service levels
- Administration of key information of ACCAs practising member and firm databases
- Undertaking accurate assessments of first time applications for practising certificates in line with ACCA procedures and policies and is actively managed
- Demonstrate excellent technical knowledge of members in practice including; ACCAs Practising Information handbook and ACCAs Rulebook
- Display empathy and understanding for individual scenarios
- Ensure accurate processing of annual renewals of practising certificates with financial payments.
- Be an ambassador for ACCA, treating all internal and external customers with respect and maintain professionalism at all times
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of current processes and procedures
We are looking for someone who:
- Preferably has a knowledge and understanding of Accountancy / Accounting Practice
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
Is a team player
- A positive attitude, encouraging and sound judgement
- Can be highly organised, logical and methodical in their approach to work with strong administrative skills
- Is a competent communicator, able to build rapport and liaise across the team and practitioners
- The ability to work as part of the wider team to achieve the objectives of the department
- Able to demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge, sound judgement and initiative within complex situations and make appropriate and measured decisions
- Experience of working calmly whilst under pressure to meet tight deadlines and whilst dealing with competing priorities
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- High spec, city centre office location
- Flexible benefits package including Private Healthcare, Company Pension Scheme, Dental Insurance, Cycle to Work and Give As You Earn schemes
- Flexi-time and dress down Fridays
Interested in this role? Apply now.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend