Privacy by Design Specialist
Back to search results
Job no: 498595
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Glasgow 110 QS
Categories: Accountancy, IT
ACCA have an excellent opportunity for a Privacy by Design Specialist to join our IT & Transformation team, based in Glasgow.
The role of the Privacy by Design Specialist is to support and enable the embedding of privacy concepts and principles throughout ACCA, especially within its technology estate, and to ensure that appropriate controls and procedures are implemented and continuously monitored for both new projects and existing business processes.
ACCA recognises that privacy and confidentiality of students’, members’, partners’ and employees’ personal data is critical and our organisation strives to implement effective privacy management and governance. ‘Privacy by Design’ and ‘Privacy by Default’ are 2 key components of its privacy programme, in accordance with the requirements of GDPR.
- Building upon the existing relationship between IT Security and Corporate Assurance, the Privacy Specialist will work closely with the Privacy Office to ensure that privacy and Data Protection principles are embedded into technology projects and operational systems from the design stage and throughout lifecycle
- Collaborate and coordinate with key business functions and projects to advise on privacy by design requirements, and work with the privacy office to design and deliver relevant privacy training and awareness campaigns for relevant business areas
- Work closely with the IT Security Manager and the Privacy Office to identify and provide prioritisation and guidance on improved privacy tools and controls, for a diverse number of IT services, and collaborate with vendors and key partners to deliver these improvements.
- Work with Enterprise Architects to perform capability maturity assessments for privacy using ACCA’s Business Capability Maturity (BCM) model
- Engage with strategic projects to leverage new technical capabilities especially privacy-enhancing technologies (PETs), and undertake privacy impact assessments (PIA) in accordance with the data governance checklist
- Participate in privacy reviews in collaboration with the Privacy Office, and provide input into the development of data privacy policies, Secure Operating Procedures and data mapping when required
- Implement and maintain the terms of reference, engagement model, and road-map for privacy collaboration, and make data protection an essential component of the core functionality of our processing systems and services
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or an equivalent level of experience
- Strong knowledge of data privacy standards and legislation, including but not limited to DPA 2018 and GDPR
- Experience of technology solution design, deployment and integration
- Knowledge and experience of technology governance and information management
- Data privacy qualification such as CIPM, CIPT, CIPP, PCDP, ISO or equivalent would be an advantage
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence co-workers, senior management and 3rd parties
- Proven ability to work pragmatically in a changing or uncertain environment
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
If you are interested in this role, click ‘Apply Now’
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend