Head of ACCA Kenya
Back to search results
Job no: 498889
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Business Development/ Sales, Executive/ Management
The Head of ACCA Kenya is primarily responsible for the delivery of sustainable growth in student and member numbers and raising ACCA’s brand reputation and influence in Kenya.
This role is responsible for the delivery of ACCA strategy at local level to deliver student growth, high levels of conversion and membership growth and establishing and maintaining high-level relationships in a B2B professional environment with each of ACCA's critical stakeholders. These include (but are not limited to) learning providers, educational institutions, the accounting profession, government and its agencies, regulators, employers and ACCA members.
The Head of ACCA Kenya will lead and manage a team to deliver ACCA strategy in each key business area and drive efficient day to day operations within the representative office including effective budgeting and legal compliance with the Kenya authorities.
In addition, this role operates as the legal head of ACCA’s representative office in Kenya, a responsibility which requires certain legal and administrative functions as set out under Kenya law and which may change from time to time in line with ACCA requirements.
- Act at all times in accordance with (i) the legislation of Kenya, (ii) Power of Attorney issued by ACCA, (iii) Statute of the Representative Office, (iv) the resolutions of managing bodies of ACCA, (iv) all other documents, policies, internal regulations, directions and guidelines of ACCA
- Provide strategic and visionary leadership for the development of medium term and annual plans and targets to deliver ACCA's strategic priorities and corporate plan in Kenya and ensure a long-term and strategic positioning of the ACCA brand in the market
- Develop and deliver a plan to increase registrations for ACCA and FIA including developing and implementing business development and brand positioning programmes to deliver market outcomes in line with the market annual operating plan
- Develop and deliver a plan to improve pass rates by building the learning capacity in the market; identifying and establishing relationships with key learning providers and key national education providers and regulators, selling the benefits of ACCA and supporting them in the recognition and delivery of ACCA products
- Determine and take forward employer relationship management within Kenya, to ensure the potential for student recruitment and conversion and ACCA growth, influence and brand recognition and work with the Global Employer Relations team on global employer relationship management
- Drive long-term and strategic positioning of the ACCA brand in the Kenya market by engaging at a strategic level, and developing strong relationship management with, ACCA stakeholders, key individuals and influential groups, (e.g. state agencies, regulators, media and public affairs, ACCA members) within Kenya including business development, brand positioning programmes, marketing activities and searching for business contacts
- Arrange and manage day-to-day operations of the Representative Office ensuring that all the applicable federal and local legal requirements are observed, bear full responsibility for the consequences of decisions taken
- Represent the interests of ACCA in the Kenya market before all enterprises, organisations, individuals, including clients and prospects, all state and municipal authorities and officials
- Ensure the provision of quality engagement services for members and students and in turn deliver conversion and growth strategies that will establish ACCA’s operating position within the Kenya market
- Stay abreast of key issues relevant to the accountancy profession and business community ensuring that ACCA is always well positioned as a key influencer on these issues through representing ACCA in the local media and speaking on relevant topics regarding the accountancy profession and ACCA’s development in Kenya in support of ACCA’s research and insight agenda
- Forge strong working relationships with other market heads in your region and with Directorates across ACCA sharing best practice, and ensuring a two-way flow of market and business intelligence and ideas to deliver a coherent, cohesive and effective approach to ACCA’s activities in markets and across the region
- Prepare and manage an approved budget for the development, administration and activities of ACCA in Kenya and submit periodic written and verbal financial and management reports and plans in accordance with ACCA internal procedures and at the request of ACCA’s managing bodies
- Accountable for the effective people management of the staff team within the Kenya office, both in terms of awareness of local legislative requirements and the requirements of ACCA’s agenda on matters such as training, development and motivation in line with ACCA’s performance management, competency framework and engagement objectives
- Accountable for all activities associated with executing the responsibility of being the Head of the Representative Office for ACCA in Kenya including full compliance in the maintenance and renewal of all documents required by the statutory authority for the Representative Office and as registered head of the Representative office, performing all necessary actions
- Ensure that accounting and reporting of the National/Representative Office is carried out as required by applicable law
- Manage and report as required on the embedding of all plans, policies and procedures for the Kenya office in support of ACCA’s Health and Safety requirements, those policies requiring implementation by ACCA’s People Directorate, all Business Support requirements, activities required by ACCA’s Markets and Corporate Assurance departments so that all policies and procedures are executed in Kenya in line with corporate and legal requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Educated to at least degree level and possibly also possess a relevant post graduate or professional qualification
- Have a significant understanding of the Kenya business environment and a good knowledge of the accounting community and accountancy related issues, a good appreciation of economics, business law and public affairs
- Proven track record of successfully delivering and exceeding business development results in a B2B professional environment
- Fluent in English and relevant local languages
- An excellent communicator with first class presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate the necessary gravitas and credibility to act as a sales representative and brand ambassador for ACCA
- A proven and inspirational leader with excellent people-management and team building skills
- Have strong, proven influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, on own initiative and within agreed budgets
- Be able to deliver agreed KPI’s in a results driven environment
- Demonstrate integrity and professionalism in line with ACCA values and mission
- Ability to contribute to ACCA’s policy agenda as required.
Advertised: E. Africa Standard Time
Applications close: E. Africa Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend