DevOps Automation Engineers x 4
Back to search results
Job no: 497825
Work type: Full time
Location: Glasgow 110 QS
ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We're the world's most forward thinking professional accountancy body. Since we were founded in 1904, we have expanded to over 1200 staff in 53 countries, meaning we’re a truly global organisation.
We’re currently looking for 4 DevOps Automation Engineers on a full time, permanent basis. These roles will be part of our new DevOps team, based within our wider IT & Transformation department at 110 Queen Street Glasgow.
These roles will be critical to the successful introduction the Continuous Delivery/DevOps capability and will allow safe, low lead time, high frequency product changes. Using extensive analyst skills, they will value map existing processes to implement automation based on a cost/benefit assessment.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Identifying process improvements across IT change delivery and provide expert recommendations focused on software delivery lifecycle automation
- Ensuring that industry leading DevOps tools are implemented in-line with best-practice to deliver optimal value to ACCA
- Supporting multiple technical disciplines and acting as the SME in certain areas, with the opportunity to develop skills across all of the following:
- Software Development (Scripting, Procedural & Object Orientated)
- Directories & Databases
- System Administration (Windows & Linux)
- Storage Solutions
- Virtualisation & Cloud Technologies (VMWare, VirtualBox & AWS)
- Network Administration. (TCP/IP, Cisco, Juniper or Software-defined)
- Introducing IT security and governance standards into the automation processes, including on-going audit and reporting of these and other compliance related activities
- Managing the implementation of foundation components of Continuous Delivery and General IT change management including:
- Version Control strategy
- Dependency & Release Management
- Testing & Environment Management
- Collaboration with Architecture & Centre of Excellence and Operational teams is critical for success
Ideally, we’re looking for someone with the following:
- Experience working in a DevOps and Continuous Delivery environment
- Demonstrable SME level experience in 2 or more of the following disciplines
- Software Development & Coding
- Cloud Automation (AWS or Azure)
- Networking & Telecommunications.
- Storage & Databases (SQL, LDAP, NFS, SAMBA)
- System Administration (Linux, OSX or Windows)
- Ability and willingness to develop technical skill sets to adapt to team needs and industry advancements
- Experience in working with an Agile Software Development Methodology
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration processes and with the implementation of Tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Circle CI etc.
- Understanding of Quality Assurance outcomes, testing types (UAT, Performance etc) and implementation of automated testing
- Proven history with Infrastructure as Code operation platform, configuration management and auto-deployment
- Docker, Kubernetes & OpenShift would be an advantage
- Keen to embrace positive change and learning with a passion for the discipline
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- Joining a diverse, global, and change focussed organisation
- The opportunity to widen existing skillsets through cross training within the team
- High spec, City Centre based office
- Customisable benefits package including private healthcare, company pension plan, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, cycle to work and give as you earn schemes
- Flexi-time and dress down Fridays
Interested in this role? Click ‘Apply Now’ to submit your application.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now