Back to search results
Job no: 497245
Work type: Full time
Location: Glasgow 110 QS
We are in the process of recruiting talented individuals to join our IT & Transformation teams as we position ourselves to deliver an ambitious digital strategy. We’re embarking on a transformational roadmap with the aim of connecting ACCA to its customers around the world through a compelling digital experience.
We’re currently looking for 2 new PMO Analysts on a full time permanent basis. These positions are based in our Glasgow city centre offices.
Our PMO Analysts support the successful delivery of our Portfolio of change - approx. £22M per year circa 50 projects. The role provides support across Portfolio/Programmes/Projects, through analysis and reporting of consolidated performance to senior stakeholders, quality and benefits management assurance activity, risk management, financial management and resource management for the Portfolio of projects and programmes being delivered.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Provide process expertise and analysis services to support the organisation during the full lifecycle of any change initiative
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels within the organisation, in particular, Project and Programme managers, Business Relationship Managers and the Portfolio Accountant
- Undertake analysis of complex information to ensure accurate records, MI, indicators and controls are available to senior stakeholders at time of need
- Manage, monitor and analyse the costs and benefits of the Portfolio of change, ensuring that financial systems are accurate and up-to-date, and assist in forecasting to inform senior stakeholder decision making
- Support the In-flight Project Audit and Review Process, including the creation of detailed reports
- Attend and facilitate meetings/workshops as required such as lessons learned, benefits identification and dependency management workshops
- Support resource management processes and the production of associated deliverables (e.g. resource capacity plan) by undertaking analysis of complex supply and demand information, and highlighting any resource short-falls and spare capacity
- Support and enforce agreed governance structures and processes
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme
- Managing the programme's budget, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programmes progress
- Managing third party contributions to the programme
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Reporting the progress of all programmes at regular intervals to Portfolio Delivery Manager and the PMO Manager and where appropriate the IT&T Business Partners and Business stakeholder
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A proven track record in a Portfolio/Programme analyst role
- Experience of working in a Portfolio/Programme environment
- Experience of employing a broad and diverse range of project/programme management best practices, methodologies and tools including those related to RAID, planning, reporting, resource management and benefits management
- Experience in working with large amounts of data to provide succinct analysis while spotting and communicating trending information
- Has strong communication and workshop facilitation skills
- An innovative approach to problem solving including identifying opportunities for development and improvement
- The ability to remain highly motivated, proactive and enthusiastic, and can work on their own initiative to meet strict deadlines
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
- Been formally trained in recognised Project Management methodology, such as Prince 2, Agile or an equivalent level of experience
- Knowledge of best practice methodologies in their area of expertise and is able to take a pragmatic approach to their practical application
And in working with us, you’ll enjoy:
- The opportunity to work on large and diverse projects on a global scale
- Customisable benefits package including private healthcare, company pension plan, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, cycle to work and give as you earn schemes
- Flexi-time and dress down Fridays
Interested in this role? Click ‘Apply now’ to submit your application.
In addition to the role above, we have a variety of newly created business facing, technical and operational openings, including Business Partner, Enterprise Architect, Programme Manager, Commercial Manager and many more coming up.
Does this sound like a journey you’d like to join us on? Or know someone who may be interested? Please visit our vacancies page, follow us on LinkedIn or sign up for our email alerts to ensure you’re kept up to date with all the latest opportunities.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend