Regional Head of Policy - Emerging Markets
Back to search results
Job no: 495997
Work type: Full time
Categories: Compliance / Governance/ Risk, Strategy / Development
ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We're the world's most forward thinking professional accountancy body. Since we were founded in 1904, we have expanded to over 1500 staff in 40 countries, meaning we’re a truly global organisation.
Our people enjoy a working environment that is dynamic, human and connected, and have a strong focus on creating value for our students and members.
Due to significant growth within our European Emerging Markets we have a brand new opportunity for a Regional Head of Policy.
This role will be based in London however European travel to offices in your portfolio will be required.
- This is a key role requiring the ability to anticipate developments and identify opportunities which may impact on ACCA's corporate strategy in the region
- Building relationships, especially with influential regional and national organisations, politicians and related organisations, which will work towards shaping these developments in ACCA's favour
- Supporting the delivery of ACCA's market recognition and thought leadership agendas throughout the region & the delivery of ACCA's recognition agenda in the region
- Supporting the Market Director on the policy agenda matters across Emerging Markets
- Working with ACCA's Professional Insights team, ACCA's national offices across the region and other key growth markets within the Emerging Markets region in support of ACCA's 2020 strategy
- Monitoring key political and business developments across the region affecting accounting and finance professionals
- Developing localised policy and thought leadership materials
- Developing a coherent set of policy positions consistent with global positions and priorities to the issues identified as being of particular importance to accounting and finance professionals in Emerging Markets
- Coordinating the drafting of papers and articles for media and public relations purposes and provide oversight of projects within EM, providing consistent and shared practices
- Educated to degree level, preferably to post graduate or professional qualification level
- Ideally experience gained in a professional services/accounting organisation
- Confident and articulate, able to present and influence at all levels
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning skills
- A thorough understanding of business and relevant policy issues
- Proven research, drafting and writing experience at a high level
- An awareness and experience of the variety and diversity of the business environments, practices and cultures within Emerging Markets
- Previous knowledge of working with Eastern Europe & East Asia would be advantageous
Click 'Apply now' to submit your application.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend